Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Feeling My Age at Dance Class

Froggie started dance class three weeks ago.  Hard to believe tomorrow will be her third dance class.  She is very excited and loving dance class.  However, I feel like an outsider.  I'm surrounded by young Moms.  I have to admit I get uncomfortable.  Though I did try last time talking to some of them.  The conversation was on the short side.

It is funny because I have a job where I have to deal with teens on a regular basis.  Despite my age, they think I'm rather cool.  I'm young at heart.  Every so often I shock them by saying something about a musician that is popular.  They are amazed I listen to some of the same music they do.

So why is it so hard for me to talk with someone who is thirty something or even twenty something.  It would probably help if I were more social in general.  I'm usually the one that keeps to herself.  I watch and I listen a lot.  No one would really call me a social butterfly.  Lucky for me Froggie is not like this and makes friends easily.

I will keep on trying and hopefully I will be accepted into the fold.  Not thought of as that old woman that brings her child to dance class.  Though if they are thinking I'm old they are probably thinking that I am her Grandmother that's raising her and not her Mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment