Tuesday, March 31, 2015

The Business Trip

Recently hubby and I went on a business trip together and Froggie stayed with her Aunt.  This was the first time in 5 years that we have been away for more than a day or two together.  I had mixed feelings.  In one way, it was nice to be just the two of us again.  There was this worry of I'm leaving my little girl all alone in the big world.  How will I know she'll be alright.  What if she gets hurt or something and I'm not there?  What if she needs me to hug her tight after a bad dream?  What if she misses me too much?

All these things went through my mind and that was before we even left.  Grant it when I got there my worries eased a bit.  I knew she would be in Daycare most of the day.  My sister-in-law is a very capable person having raised two children and one grandchild.  So I started to enjoy my trip.  I loved taking a shower and not being interrupted.  I had a hot meal for the first time in I can't tell you when and I got to eat it all without having to get up for various reasons.  Another thing I did was engage in adult conversation.  Not once did I say, "I'm going to count to three then I'm going to take privileges away."  My husband and I sat at the bar and had an adult beverage and talked like we did before Froggie.

Things were fine until I talked to her that night.  She sounded like she was having a blast but three times she said, "I love you.  I miss you."  This liked to tea me apart.  I missed her so much.  I wanted all the hugs and kisses I was missing out on.  I was missing her and her quirky little personality.  I missed her running up to me and saying the line from the movie Home, "My hands are in the air like I just do not care."  I wanted to see her badly.  By the end of the trip I was so happy to just go home grab her, hug and kiss her.

I really don't know how parents do it that have to go out of town to work on a regular basis.  I guess you adapt.  I find it hard enough just leaving her to go to a full time job each and every day.  I'm working to get to a point where I can quit that.  Sometimes I feel that I'm missing out on so much by not being able to stay at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment