Sunday, July 27, 2014

As soon as my child could talk I started a collection of things she would say.  Often these things were very funny and had her father and I laughing hysterically.  I decided I'm going to share some of them here.  I hope you will enjoy.  I am just going to do a few of the sayings from year 2, 3 and 4.

Due to privacy, I am going to refer to my daughter by her nickname.

2 Years Old

Froggie asks “Where is Daddy?” I tell her he's on his way home from work. Then she starts asking where a bunch of other people are. I tell her he's at home or she's at home. When we pull into the driveway I say “Where is Froggie?” She says “I'm stuck in the car.”

Froggie says to her Mommy, “I need some juice... seriously.”

On the way home from the restaurant Froggie said, “Talk to me Mommy.” Mommy said, “Talk about what, Froggie.” Froggie said, “Talk about me.”

Daddy was making a weird noise and from the backseat Froggie said, “Stop Daddy you're getting on my nerves.”

3 Years Old

Froggie says to her Daddy, “Daddy, you're not wearing a jacket.” Her Daddy says, “No, Froggie I'm not wearing one.” Froggie says, “Didn't we talk about about not wearing a jacket. You need to wear a jacket.”
(I think I'm rubbing off on her.  I know I have said this to her.)

While I was driving Froggie to daycare, she says to me, “Good job driving between the lines Mommy.”

So we went out to eat. I had a bad day so hubby took me out with Froggie. We're in the restaurant getting ready to go and my husband makes a Pffffttttt noise on Froggie's hand. Froggie announces rather loudly in the restaurant "Daddy farted on my hand."

Here is the conversation in the car on the way home from daycare
Froggie: Puppy got sick and threw up
Me: She probably ate something bad
Froggie: She ate a mouse
Me: How do you know she ate a mouse?
Froggie: I know everything

4 Years Old

I was cooking and something wasn't going right and Froggie says, “It's ok, it happens to everyone. It even happens to me.”

Today Froggie comes in the kitchen with her wand and the dog is with her. She waves her wand and the dog moves out the room. I'm not looking at this time and she says, “Look I made the dog disappear.” I said, “Wow sweetie that's great.” Then Sandy comes back in the room, Froggie waves her wand and says “Look Mommy I made her come back.” 

I gave Froggie two Hershey Kisses. One was the plain Milk Chocolate and one was White Chocolate. This is the conversation we had.

Froggie: Ut Oh
Mommy: What's wrong?
Froggie: This one is dead.
Mommy turns to look to see the Froggie holding the white chocolate candy and then explains that it is alright it's just white chocolate.

There you go some of her best sayings.  I suggest to every parent you should do this.  When I'm feeling down and things aren't going right. I will read these and laugh.  Also when your child gets to be an adult you can show him or her this and laugh together.  Even if your child is older start right now.  I'm sure you'll still get a lot of good material to make you laugh and smile.


No comments:

Post a Comment