Saturday, November 8, 2014

Mom's Don't Get Sick Days

This is the new slogan for Dayquil.  The commercial shows a woman that opens the door to a room and tells someone that she needs to take a sick day tomorrow.  The next shot is of a little girl playing dress up in her room.  The announcer says "Mom's don't take sick days."

Never has there been a truer statement said.  Recently a stomach bug went around our house.  When Froggie got it I had to explain it wasn't an actual bug in her stomach but a virus.  That was fun in itself.  She got it first then it passed to my husband.  I went three days and figured I was fine.  Oh how wrong I was.  Wednesday afternoon I was sick at work.  I couldn't leave due to the fact we were short handed.  Luckily, hubby was already taking Froggie to dance class.  I told him I was very sick and to just pick up something for the both of them to eat I was going to bed when I got home.

These are the times I am very thankful for daycare.  Even though I still got up the next morning after a sleepless night due to spending most of it in the bathroom, I didn't have to take care of her the whole day.  However, hubby had a very important meeting after work.  So he took off early and picked up Froggie then told her what was going on.  He told her that I was sick and he had to go to a meeting.  She asked if she would go to the meeting and he told her that she had to take care of me.  She said, "Why don't I go to the meeting and you take care of Mommy."  He told her she couldn't because she couldn't drive.  Though I do think his meeting with the board would have been much more fun and memorable if Froggie would have attended in his place.

I will say that my daughter is very caring and loving and a good nurse.  But she still relies on me for a lot.  I had to get her dinner.  Thank goodness for Ravioli and a microwave.  It wasn't the best meal but I got my child fed.  We did a lot of snuggling but I still had to get up to get her something to drink.  She gave me lots of hugs and kisses to make me feel better.

I am lucky that my husband is good.  He took care of the dishes and put Froggie to bed when he got home.  Not all Moms have someone that can or is willing to help out when you aren't feeling real well.  I remember the last time the stomach bug hit me, Froggie was just a baby and it was over the weekend and my husband was working that Saturday so I had to take care of her.  Let me tell you the last thing you want to do with a queasy stomach is change a poopy diaper.  But I sucked it up and I did it.  Just like the other night.  I had to suck it up and take care of her.  She's my baby and Mom's don't get sick days.

No comments:

Post a Comment